Pear Tree Yarn
Pear Tree Yarns, a division of ICM Australia, Australia’s largest agricultural company had the resources and milling capability to bring its products to the U.S. retailer and consumer market. A shared passion for business, fashion, the farm-to-fashion movement and the maker’s community drove the team to take on the challenge of developing a global-level business and market strategies to launch Pear Tree Yarn.
- Asses the business opportunity in the U.S. market.
- Launch the company and its product lines into the $5 billion “handmade” market.
- Tell the company’s story and commitment to building a unique Australian farm-to-garment brand.
- Developed business and operations plan for U.S. market.
- Devised and conducted business, market, retailer and consumer analyses in both direct and indirect markets.
- Leveraged the analysis results to build a brand story that reflected a contemporary, modern, and classic aesthetic that emphasized the client’s unique story.
- Built supporting marketing & sales goals, visual and digital media campaigns and communications programs; devised appropriate content to drive sales and marketing in Australia, Europe, and the U.S.
- Planned and executed branding campaign targeted at retailers, consumers and media.
- Planned and executed an Australian media tour of client facilities.
Business and Market Strategy
Market and Customer Profiles
Message and Story Framework
Knitwear Pattern Line
Wholesale Account Development
Marketing & Public Relations
Yarn Line Product Development
Consumer Digital Media
Launched and established the company in the U.S as an emerging leader in handmade and knitwear fashion. Trisha Malcolm of Vogue Knitting lauded the client’s impressive efforts to bring back industry to Australia. Client won the approval of the farm-to-hands movement within retailer and consumer channels.